The answer to Friday's Trivia Question: Kelly Taylor was engaged to 2 studs on Beverly Hills 90210, Brandon Walsh of course and Matt Durning. Remember him?
FIRST FIVES : Michael O'Dea, Heather Doyle, Stephanie Baxter, Tara Dowling, & Phyllis DiCesare
Honorable Mention : Andrea Walters
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 2.4/6.8
Hell's Kitchen Season Finale-FOX 2.2/5.4
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 1.9/7.9
Two and a Half Men-CBS 1.7/6.7
Hollywood Game Night-NBC 1.3/3.8
Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 141,278
Hell's Kitchen-FOX 57,992
The Vampire Diaries-CW 44,281
Hollywood Game Night-NBC 39,944
Rookie Blue-ABC 32,771
Thursday's Cable Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.8
Burn Notice-USA 1.0/3.0
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.9
Sullivan & Son-TBS .7/1.8
Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Big Time Rush-NICK 293,202
Project Runway-Lifetime 61,981
The Hero-TNT 44,991
Burn Notice-USA 39,542
Beyond Scared Straight-A&E 35,992
Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.0/4.7
Would You Fall For That? -ABC .9/3.3
Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer-CBS .8/4.3
Blue Bloods-CBS .7/4.8
Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
ACM Presents: Tim McGraw's Superstar-CBS 62,206
The iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party-CW 28,639
Would You Fall For That-ABC 7,517
Friday's Cable Top 5
Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 98,528
Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids -TLC 23,762
Marriage Boot Camp: Bridezillas-WE 22,415
Fashion Police-E! 17,829
Magic City-Starz 8,049
The CBS/Time Warner Cable deadline is once again upon us and between the crawl at the bottom of the screen and the bazillion commercials during BB last night there's no way we could not all know how dire the situation is for TWC customers. Last night could have been their last Big Brother EVER! They won't know who America will nominate, who will win the POV and who will be evicted. O...M...G...This is serious people!
- I honestly thought that Aaryn used her situation perfectly. Don't get me wrong, I still hate her and was of course reminded of how much I hate her when she used "axed" instead of "asked" and then made a racist remark, but she played it all perfectly. She kept her deal with Helen, nominated who Helen wanted, told both nominees that she had no choice and that it really wasn't her decision AND planted the seed to get Elissa out. Good gameplay.
- Elissa is insane. I'd love to go to family dinner at the Reilly's house. She isn't playing a smart game at all, and what's up with the sandwich Yoga routine? Was that entire Saran Wrap Yoga a thing they really do or was she trying to create her own "hot yoga" BB style?
- How funny was it that everyone hid when it was Aaryn's HOH room time? I really thought they disappeared. Would have been better if it wasn't a joke but it was good anyway. Aaryn's freaky clown needs to be hidden, burned or thrown in the garbage. It's just too weird and scary and looks like it's going to come to life and slash every one's throats.
- If I did the math right, McCrae makes $68.00 a week. $68.00 a week! The bathtub thing is cute and all, but once Amanda gets out of that house, I don't care how in love she thinks she is, unless McCrae wins the 500K, pizza's gonna get pretty old pretty fast and she is so going to dump his ass!
- Was it my imagination or did Aaryn wear the grizzly bear shirt for most of last night's episode? When's Julie gonna get that thing on?
- The Poppy Montgomery Unforgettable Have/Have Nots competition to promote her shows return was super lame. CBS...you can do better than that!
- No shocker on the nominations...Aaryn kept her end of the bargain and nominated Spencer and Howard.
Real Housewives of NJ
Okay, so Dr. V. LA "life consultant" showed up in Lake George for what seemed like a minute and every one's all lovey dovey again? How does that work? Was there a pill she slipped in all of their water bottles or something? Sure it was emotional but we aren't really sure what actually went down. Melissa was the only one I actually believed. Joe Giudice seemed like he couldn't be bothered with Dr. V. but then at the end of the episode it was Joe Giudice who was forcing Teresa to make up with Jaqueline. I think he just misses Chris, Jaqueline's husband. He used to go hang out with Chris, eat meat and drink wine and now he's stuck in that house with Teresa and his 4 lunatic daughters. How hilarious was Don the ice fisherman's faces when he was listening to Rosie, Richie, Joe and Joe while they were sitting out on the ice? He looked like he was channeling Sharknado to come save him from the hell he was in. I sort felt the same way. It was all awkward. Most of the episode was awkward and next week doesn't look much better on the awkward scale. The best part was seeing Melissa wasted. She did pretty well being that wasted while wearing 12 inch heels.
The Thing Is:
This is a new section. It's just going to be used when I need to rant, rave or just get something off my mind...I couldn't think of a better name, so let me know if you have any better ideas.
Ever since the Emmy nominations, I've been meaning to get something off my chest. I don't know how many of you watch Parenthood, probably not a lot of you, but it's one of the best shows on television. NBC hasn't promoted it well and they've moved it around over its past 4 seasons so it's not on every ones radar, but it should be. I know the competition is tough these days with so many great dramas out there, but this show deserves every ones attention. Monica Potter and Peter Krause gave the performances of their careers last season and it went unnoticed by Emmy voters which is a crime. The happily married couple faced cancer together and gave us all a real, gripping, emotional top notch performances. How in the world are they not nominated for Emmy's? If you have yet to see this show, add it to the list and get started as soon as you can. The Braverman family is a family you will see yourself in. You will care deeply about them, root for them, and miss them when they're gone. If you watched Friday Night Lights and you still miss Coach Taylor and the crew, then you know what I mean. Same feeling.
NEWS & INFORMATION
-NBC officially cancelled the Jessica Simpson show Fashion Star. I honestly thought that had happened already. I'm sure Jessica will figure something else out soon. Her Dad always has a plan for her. She's got 2 kids to support so I'm sure we'll hear from her soon. No way she's not going to put out a line of baby clothes or something.
-Starz has already renewed a pirate themed drama called Black Sails, before its first season has even premiered. Starz promoted the show by having a full size ship sail down water adjacent to the convention center in San Diego at Comic Con. Well, I guess if you want to draw attention to something, that's the way to do it.
Monday's Trivia Question: Name the hospital that Dr. Kerry Weaver and Dr. Mark Greene worked at.
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Like this on Facebook at watching way too much
Follow me on Twitter at kristy47 or watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.