The answer to Friday's Trivia Question: Corporal Walter "Radar" O'Reilly was born and raised in Ottumwa , Iowa
FIRST FIVES: Jim Wall, Dan Realson, James Gabriele, Bob Kaplan and He Who Shall Not Be Named
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 11.9/36.8
BIG BROTHER (CFF)-CBS 2.0/5.4
BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 1.4/5.5
Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 1,767,990
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 1,151,826
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 355,512
JUEGOS OLIMPICOS-Telemundo 295,360
JUEGOS OLIMPICOS-Telemundo 259,937
Thursday's Cable Top 5
BURN NOTICE-USA 1.3/4.3
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS .9/2.0
SULLIVAN & SON .7/1.7
SNOOKI & JWOW-MTV .7/1.5
Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC Sports 1,104,573
SUMMER OLYMPICS-MSNBC 520,351
SUMMER OLYMPICS-Bravo 491,999
SUMMER OLYMPICS-CNBC 337,371
PIERS MORGAN-CNN 53,175
Friday's Broadcast Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 8.0/26.5
SHARK TANK-ABC .8/3.3
UNDERCOVER BOSS-CBS .7/3.2
Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 1,225,942
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC 1,136,566
SUMMER OLYMPICS- NBC 451,021
JUEGOS OLIMPICOS-Telemundo 280,121
JUEGOS OLIMPICOS-Telemundo 248,924
Friday's Cable Top 5
Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
SUMMER OLYMPICS-Bravo 995,371
SUMMER OLYMPICS-MSNBC 494,143
SUMMER OLYMPICS-CNBC 307,511
SUMMER OLYMPICS-NBC Sports 209,262
BIG BROTHER BULLETS:
- Only Dan admitted to pushing the reset button...what a big mouth
- I would die if I had to be in that HOH competition...between the tilting back and forth, the freezing cold water and the seagull goo spray...I'm out
- First to go...Boogie??? Dumb move Boog, especially for a guy who thinks he is the biggest threat in the game.
- Dan the Yeller still at it. If you are a good coach Dan, you should know that you can't play the same game twice...remember these guys all watched how you played (and won) the last time...it won't work again
- Frank thinks he can trust Boogie...dumb
- Wil with one L and Shane cut a deal with Danielle and they both jumped off the boat
- I can't believe Janelle gave up! Is it an age thing?
- Danielle looks SO different without makeup...sort of good day/bad day thing
- Boogie used the term snowballed incorrectly didn't he? Snowballed??? That's when something small becomes something bigger.
- Ian cuts a deal with Danielle and then Brittany did too...Danielle wins HOH. Dan goes mental (in a good way, but if I was his wife at home, I would have been a tiny bit weirded out by his excitement) and then Shane makes out with Danielle. Of course, Boogie is furious that Danielle won.
- Danielle thinks Janelle is looking at her funny and giving her these looks all the time, maybe Janelle just can't believe how different she looks with without her makeup on
- Dan admitted that he told Boogie that Frank was going home...big mistake Dan. I think you are slowly blowing it.
- I think they should completely change the HOH room every week that way everyone will really be excited to go see it especially the viewers, because I'm bored by the entire HOH room thing.
- Holy cow...Danielle didn't tell her parents she was going into the BIG BROTHER HOUSE...that's a huge deal.
- Ewwww Ian has such hairy hairy legs
- Danielle nominates...Wil with one L (even though she promised during the HOH competition that he would be safe) and she also nominated Frank. Boogie is furious that he isn't nominated. Boogie's a jerk.
- On Friday night, Bob Costas looked like he changed hair colors again and continued to lean to the left (physically that is...I have no idea what his political affiliation is).
- NBC took us back to Atlanta 1996. Bela Karolyi and the "you can do it" Olympics with Kerri Strug. I remember watching it all live and crying my head off when Bela carried Kerri to the medal stand to receive her Gold Medal...it was a legendary moment.
- I didn't watch any Olympics on Saturday
- Sunday started out with yet more Michael Phelps, not a race, but a 30 minute interview. Not to offend Michael or anyone, but I'm ready for him to retire. I wish I could've retired at 27. Congrats on an amazing career. I bet you'll take really short showers and never put a bathing cap and goggles on again.
- Every dive looks exactly the same to me in this women's diving competition.
- I don't understand how Oscar Pistorius, the sprinter with 2 prosthetic legs who lives in Pistoria South Africa, is allowed to compete in the Olympics at all. Just my opinion but it's not really an apples to apples competition if he competes right?
- Beach Volleyball included tiny bikinis. US beat Italy and advance to the semi-finals against China.
- It took 9.82 seconds for Justin Gatlin to run 100 Meters which is basically the length of an entire football field
- Love the slo mo cheek action during the instant replay
- Kiprop looked like he needs to eat bad..living skeleton type thing
- This is where I must have fallen asleep...so whatever happened after Kiprop I missed.
-WEEDS has completely jumped the shark, well, it had a while back actually, now I watch it just because I've come so far, that I need to stick with it until the bitter end. The only interesting thing about the show at this point (to me anyway) is Shane becoming a cop. Jill is now pregnant, Nancy and Silas just got a job at a pharmaceutical company. I mean come on. No idea how many episodes are left, but the end can't come soon enough for me.
-EPISODES on the other end is just really coming in to its own. Last night, the network needed Matt LeBlanc's help in getting a "FRIEND" to make a guest appearance on his show. When Matt had to call them all it was hilarious. Loved who they ended up getting (Gunther) and the viewer (me) was left wondering if that's what really happened on the show. I know I continue to say this...but this show is so under the radar and underrated and people really need to check it out.
-On Friday's LIVE WITH KELLY, Nick Lachey was back as co-host and Kelly wore the white dress that looks like she has huge 3-D nipples. The first thing she did when she sat down in her chair was notify the audience that this is "that" dress that makes me look like I have huge nipples, but they are just darts so no need to send a million emails. I have an idea...JUST STOP WEARING THE DRESS Kel!!! You'll all have a break from Kelly updates this week as they are re-running the entire Hawaiian week from a while back.
-I had forgotten to check Crackle for Jerry Seinfeld's second installment of COMEDIAN'S IN CARS GETTING COFFEE. So, much to my delight, when I remembered to check it...there it was...the 2nd episode with Ricky Gervais. You have to watch it...hilarious! Jerry and Ricky take a road trip to City Island in the Bronx for coffee and eggs...check it out...brilliant Jerry...just brilliant. http://www.crackle.com/c/Comedians_In_Cars_Getting_Coffee
-Over the weekend I decided to try out the new show SULLIVAN & SONS on TBS aka CHEERS-ISH. Nothing that different and not that funny which is a bummer. I thought with Vince Vaughn executive producing and Peter Billingsly (Ralphie from A CHRISTMAS STORY) directing, it might be a winner...not really. There were a handful of recognizable faces though. Dan Lauria from THE WONDER YEARS, Christine Ebersole from SNL, Brian Doyle Murray from a million things, and Ted McGinley from MARRIED WITH CHILDREN (and HAPPY DAYS) all sitting around the bar. There really wasn't any chemistry among the cast. The episode I saw wasn't that funny, and the story was SO predictable. CHEERS maintains its- best show that takes place in a bar status.
This week's trivia theme is TV Bosses...
Monday's Trivia Question: Whose boss was Mr. Slate?
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.