The answer to Friday's Trivia Question: Cersei Lannister is King Joffrey's Mom on Game of Thrones
FIRST FIVES : Megan Quirk, Phyllis DiCesare, Katie McCartney, He Who Shall Not Be Named & Sean Reardon
Honorable Mention : Caryn Vitolo
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 4.6/15.7
Two and a Half Men-CBS 3.4/12.6
Grey's Anatomy-CW 2.9/8.6
American Idol-FOX 2.8/11.2 (My how the mighty have fallen!)
Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
American Idol-FOX 320,124
The Vampire Diaries-CW 177,823
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 115,462
Thursday's Cable Top 5
Swamp People-History 1.2/3.7
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.1/2.5
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.2
Men at Work-TBS .8/1.7
Chasing Tail-History .7/1.9
Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Stanley Cup Playoffs-NBC Sports 68,774
Small Town Security-AMC 35,341
Big Time Rush-Nick 33,361
Impact Wrestling-Spike 22,685
Futbol Mexicano-Univision 17,970
Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.8/6.0
Rock Center-NBC 1.2/4.7
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.1/9.9
Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 40,434
Kitchen Nightmares-FOX 31,665
Blue Bloods-CBS 30,092
Friday's Cable Top 5
Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA Playoffs-ESPN 1,097,325
NBA Playoffs-ESPN 303,712
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 56,580
Stanley Cup Playoffs-NBC Sports 46,202
Stanley Cup Playoffs-CNBC 41,765
UPFRONT WEEK BEGINS TODAY WITH NBC! I'll provide my commentary throughout the week, and after I get through all the pilots.
Here's NBC's lineup!
8-8:30 p.m. – "Parks and Recreation" (New time)
8:30-9 p.m. – "WELCOME TO THE FAMILY"
9-9:30 p.m. – "SEAN SAVES THE WORLD"
9:30-10 p.m. – "THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW"
10-11 p.m. – "Parenthood" (New Day and Time) IF THIS IS AGAINST SCANDAL I'M GOING TO BE PISSED
7:00-8:15 p.m. – "Football Night in America"
8:15-11:30 p.m. – "NBC Sunday Night Football"
And the Midseason schedule:
8-10 p.m. – "The Voice"
10-11 p.m. – "THE BLACKLIST"
8-10 p.m. – Encore and specials programming
10-11 p.m. – "Saturday Night Live" (Encore)
7-8 p.m. – "Dateline NBC"
8-9 p.m. – "AMERICAN DREAM BUILDERS"
9-10 p.m. – "BELIEVE"
10-11 p.m. – "CRISIS"
After seeing the scenes last week and all of the promos for the Survivor finale, I figured it was Eric who got sick and was pulled from the game. Of course, I was right. Extreme hunger and dehydration got Eric the Bee Gee this time instead of extreme stupidity. I would say that's the better way to go out of the game. Once Eric was gone and they were down to the final 4, Cochran recalculated and conspired. He basically had a deal with everyone. I was convinced that he would actually vote out Dawn, but he didn't. He was true to his alliance and voted out Eddie and the final tribal council began.
As usual, a crazy tribal council for us to all enjoy, except this time, in addition to the stuff we are so used to, we had a first...Brenda pretty much insisted that Dawn take out her retainer and humiliate herself on national TV and SHE DID IT! I have a thing about teeth, so this completely freaked me out. Man Survivor brings out the weird in people. Jeff didn't go after Brenda about it during the finale...maybe because she is VERY pregnant and if she got upset enough her water would break. Well...if you are a Survivor loyalist then you know not just from my SPOILER HEADLINE, that Cochran was the winner this season. I chose him to win it day one and I'm proud to say I was right. He played a great game and I'm thrilled that he won it all.
Couple of notes:
- Who even thinks of a crazy one handed house of cards reward challenge? It must have been sooo frustrating. This was one of those times I wished they had a clock to know how long it took to complete the challenge. Did you guys catch the bleeped curse words? I'm pretty sure I made out Dawn using my fave, motherf*cker ,when her tower crumbled.
- So glad they did a compilation of Dawn's breakdowns. She kept claiming how strong she was, but we were all witness to her losing it on a weekly basis. I'm thinking the 11 breakdowns shown last night couldn't possibly be all of them.
- Isn't it nuts during the Right of Passage section of the show how you can barely remember some of the tribe members who played the game? Who remembered Allie, Hope, or Laura? NOT ME!!!
- I wonder if the people who created the giant monkey/Buddha were sad to see it burn.
- As a dog lover, I honestly thought Eddie's idea of a bar that you can bring your dog to was brilliant. I'm not even a bar person, but if there was one near my house that I could bring my dog too, I'd probably go!
- What was up with the pixelling of Eddie's nether region? Was his hair growing up and out? Did you guys notice that?
- Dawn, Sheri and Cochran cleaned up better than any 3 contestants who played before. I mean MAN did Cochran look amazing at the finale or what?
- While I was rooting for Cochran big time, he really did come across pretty cocky at a few points during the finale. How about how he dissed Harvard Law school for not prepping him to address a jury?
- I loved when Phillip rescinded Sheri's "Stealth R Us" membership card!
- Is Malcolm the new Fabio? I think so...what is with that mane of hair? Honestly, I think he'd be way hotter with it cut shorter.
- Loved seeing Boston Rob at the finale. The "Boston Rob Rulebook" is real and if anyone IS interested, here's the link. http://www.bostonrobmariano.com/rulebook/
- I'm thinking the Blood vs. Water season is family members on one team and then friends on another team? Blood is thicker than water type deal?
- Malcolm was on The Bold and the Beautiful?
- Rudy is 85 and he looked exactly the same as when he played the game 13 years ago. He didn't change at all.
- Malcolm won the Sprint Player of the Season award. 100K should get him some acting lessons.
- Great season...Thanks Probst you are still the best at what you do!
Married to Jonas
The Jo Bro's started their tour in South America where there were tons of screaming, crazy, chanting fans everywhere. I was glad that Kevin and Dani worked out their issues over the past week. Dani stayed in NY to finish her Cosmo article and planned on showing up on tour a few weeks later. No biggy at all right? Well...it is when weather gets in the way. Freezing rain to be exact. While on tour I learned that according to Nick Jonas, only married guys appreciate good hangers. I find that hard to believe. No idea why the Jo Bro concert in Chile started at 1AM but it did and the press and paparazzi were all over the guys even in the middle of the night. I guess everyone in Chile is used to going to concerts and dinner in the middle of the night. Kevin and the crew all went to dinner after the show which must have been 330AM and the restaurant was jammed packed. I'd never survive in Chile.
I'm thrilled for Brett and Wayde and all the folks at Tanked with the success of the show. You know they're successful when Dunkin Donuts pretty much takes over an entire episode. The guys built a great tank for a Dunkin Donuts in Florida. It was a DD coffee cup with a donut going into it and a hand on top...pretty crazy. They also made a tank out of a giant beer fermenter for a place in San Diego called Pizza Port. All this while moving into a giant 30,000 foot new space. That's double the size they had before. I'm sure it was stressful, but the ATM guys made it look like moving all their crap from one place to another was the easiest thing in the world. I'm starting to feel bad for Wayde. Everyone always makes fun of his weight and his love of food (mostly junk food, which is probably linked to the weight issue but that's a whole different blog). When they were going for their meeting with Dunkin Donuts, Brett said that taking Wayde to DD was like taking a monkey to a banana farm. Sure I laughed, but I also felt bad for Wayde at the same time. Stop making fun of Wayde guys!
Only one more episode left before Smash is gone and forgotten. What a bummer that they didn't figure out how to fix it until after everyone tuned out. It's actually pretty good now. Debra Messing lost weight and got her hair done, there's another, more modern show competing with the traditional Broadway touristy Bombshell, and there's even some real drama with Kyle dying (don't get me wrong, I'm still not happy about it) and Ivy being preggers. At least it will go out on a good note and I'm sure that we'll be seeing a lot of the cast elsewhere soon.
NEWS & INFORMATION
-Okay here's where we are at this point: with network cancellations and renewals:
FOX cancelled Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef
TNT cancelled Southland and Monday Mornings
NBC cancelled Go On, Rock Center, The New Normal & Smash
CBS cancelled CSI NY, Golden Boy, Vegas and one of my faves...Rules of Engagement
USA cancelled Burn Notice
SYFY renewed Defiance
ABC cancelled Happy Endings , Malibu Country, Body of Proof, Red Widow, How to Live with Your Parents and Family Tools
ABC renewed Nashville, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, Suburgatory, The Neighbors, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Scandal, The Middle
NBC renewed Community (Shocked actually) and Celebrity Apprentice
-I'm pretty sure we all assumed that Seth Meyers would get the Fallon slot. I know I did. Well, it's now official and Lorne Michaels will of course be producing it. With Lorne producing Fallon, Meyers and SNL, perhaps he should just live in 30 Rock if he doesn't secretly live there already. In Googling Lorne...did you know his real last name was Lipowitz? I didn't.
-YouTube launched 30 PAID channels last Thursday that allows content partners to charge a fee for access. Fees vary and start at .99 a month. The channels can be accessed on all devices and platforms.
-In case anyone was worried, the NYC housewife crisis is over. They all signed their contracts, got a little bit more dough and an increase in budget for hair and makeup...ahhh I bet your soooo relieved. Me...I stopped watching NYC, I would have preferred a clean slate...maybe Real Housewives of Westchester or Queens or something. Just a thought for next season Andy Cohen!
-This week ABC will update its iPhone and iPad app with a "live" button. Users in the NY and Philadelphia area will be able to live stream all the programming from ABC's local stations. ABC is the first major broadcaster to turn on this type of technology. The apps will be live and featured during ABC's upfront on Tuesday. Take that Aereo! Good for you ABC! I'm in!
-Barbara Walters will retire at the end of next Summer. Nothing to say here...I'm good.
Monday's Trivia Question: What was the song they played on the series finale of Seinfeld in 1998?
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Like this on Facebook at watching way too much
Follow me on Twitter at kristy47 or watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.