The MediaVillage Education Foundation coordinates with college career centers and organizations to attract diverse talent to our community. Each week in this space we are highlighting profiles of candidates who have submitted resumes at our AdvancingDiversity.org Resume Portal, where anyone looking to join the media and advertising business is encouraged to submit their CV and be connected to hiring teams. Below are 10 promising candidates, primarily located in Illinois and California, who are looking for full-time or part-time opportunities and are willing to relocate. Watch for this weekly Resumes for Review e-mail.
Efirstname.lastname@example.org to be connected with candidates. Designate the Candidate Number(s) you are interested in (i.e. candidates 16-3, 16-5 and 16-8). Resumes are listed with permission.
Looking for a job (or a job change) in the media or advertising business? Visit the MediaVillage Resume Portal.
Illinois Based Candidates
Candidate #16-1: Payton
- May 2023 graduate from University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences in English; Concentration in Professional Writing & Publishing and Creative Writing.
- Previous experience as a Copywriter Intern in fashion and a Content Writer Intern.
- Former Delta Phi Epsilon Vice President of Programming.
- Based in Chicago, IL. Looking for Full-time roles, Remote Work, In-Person, Hybrid. Open to relocating to the East Coast, Detroit or Colorado.
Candidate #16-2: Paige
- May 2023 Graduate from Columbia College Chicago.
- B.F.A. in Screenwriting.
- Knowledge in Asana, Emaki, and SEO Practices.
- Excellent at collaborating and listening to the requests, concerns, and ideas of clients.
- Based in Mackinaw, IL. Interested in remote full-time, part-time, and internship positions.
Candidate #16-3: Krystal
- June 2023 graduate from DePaul University.
- B.S. in Marketing - Concentration in Honors Marketing & Digital Marketing.
- Previous consulting experience for Hewlett Packard, Bonfire., and Smaller Things.
- Interested in marketing analysis, eCommerce, and digital marketing.
- Based in Chicago, IL and is looking for a full-time position.
Candidate #16-4: Tesneem
- Graduate student at Columbia College Chicago; pursuing a Master's in Strategic Communication.
- B.A. in Communication, Media and Theater from Northeastern Illinois University.
- Previous Employment Specialist and Social Media Manager; worked on quarterly grant reports, pop-up events, and training programs.
- Special interest in representation, diversity and accessibility in film.
- Based in Chicago, IL - open to relocating to Los Angeles, Philadelphia, NYC, Austin and Atlanta. Looking for Full-time roles, Remote Work, Hybrid.
Candidate #16-5: Chiffon
- May 2023 graduate from University of Illinois at Urbana.
- B.S. in Journalism; Minor in Communications.
- A Multimedia Journalist with experience in pitching stories, collaborating with producers, and establishing professional relationships.
- Recent News Intern and Content Contributor familiar with handling breaking news.
- Based in Champaign, IL - could relocate to Texas, California, New York, Florida, Nevada. Interested in an in-person, remote, or hybrid internship or full-time role.
California Based Candidates
Candidate #16-6: Eliah
- 2023 graduate from University of California, Santa Cruz.
- B.A. in Sociology; Minor in Film & Digital Media.
- Media & Communications Specialist with experience in the music industry, marketing, internal communications, creative direction, and graphic design.
- Previous roles as an Internal Communications Intern, Digital Media Intern, Social Media Manager, and Content Creator.
- Based in San Francisco, CA. Looking for Full-time roles, Part-time roles, Internships, Remote Work, Hybrid
Candidate #16-7: Makayla
- December 2022 graduate from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
- B.S. in Media & Cinema Studies; Minor in Film Production and Communication.
- Recent roles as a Literary Manuscripts Intern, Development Intern, and Talent Agent Assistant.
- Previous experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Payroll, and A/R.
- Based in Los Angeles, CA. Looking for Full-time, Part-time, Remote Work, In-Person, Hybrid.
Candidate #16-8: Sara
- May 2022 graduate from New York University Abu Dhabi.
- B.A. in Film and New Media & Psychology.
- Recent Film Programming and Distribution Assistant for Golden Media Group.
- Fluent in English and Spanish; Skilled in Python 3.7, Davinci Resolve, Social Media Marketing, and Data Analytics.
- Based in Los Angeles, CA - open to relocating to NYC. Looking for in-person, remote, or hybrid full-time or part-time roles.
Candidate #16-9: David
- May 2022 graduate from Claremont McKenna College.
- B.A. in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics; B.A. in Literature.
- Recent experience as a Junior Business Analyst and Head Consultant.
- Previously held Media & Marketing and Communications internships.
- Based in Rancho Cucamonga, CA - willing to relocate anywhere in Southern California. Interested in full-time, part-time, and internship positions; in-person or hybrid.
Candidate #16-10: Anna
- 2023 graduate from Chapman University.
- B.F.A. in Screenwriting; Minor in Psychology.
- Intern experience with film studios and business management consultants.
- Conversational knowledge of Spanish and Italian.
- Experience with script coverage, storyboarding, and social media management.
- Based in North Hollywood. Looking for in-person, remote, or hybrid full-time or part-time roles.