The MediaVillage Education Foundation coordinates with college career centers and organizations to attract diverse talent to our community. Each week in this space we are highlighting profiles of candidates who have submitted resumes at our AdvancingDiversity.org Resume Portal, where anyone looking to join the media and advertising business is encouraged to submit their CV and be connected to hiring teams. Below are ten promising candidates from across the country who are looking for full-time or part-time opportunities and are willing to relocate. Watch for this weekly Resumes for Review e-mail.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected with candidates. Designate the Candidate Number(s) you are interested in (i.e. Candidates 8-3, 8-5 and 8-8). Resumes are listed with permission.
Looking for a job (or a job change) in the media or advertising business? Visit the MediaVillage Resume Portal.
Week 8 Candidates
Candidate #8-1: Emme
- May 2023 graduate from Boston College.
- B.A. in Political Science; Minors in Management and Leadership & Journalism.
- Previous Marketing and PR Intern at Data Axle.
- Skilled in Photoshop, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Airtable, Website Development and Editing, and Intermediate Spanish.
- Based in Irvine, CA - open to relocating to Los Angeles. Looking for in-person, remote, or hybrid full-time roles and internships.
Candidate #8-2: Madelaine
- May 2023 graduate from Loyola Marymount University.
- B.A. in Journalism & Urban Studies.
- Experience as a Content Marketing Intern for a California based marketing agency.
- Skilled in Data Entry & Management, Content Writing, Research, Editorial Work, and Intermediate Spanish.
- Based in Thousand Oaks, CA. Looking for full-time, remote, or hybrid roles.
Candidate #8-3: Anna
- 2023 graduate from Chapman University.
- B.F.A. in Screenwriting; Minor in Psychology.
- Intern experience with film studios and business management consultants.
- Conversational knowledge of Spanish and Italian.
- Experience with script coverage, storyboarding, and social media management.
- Based in North Hollywood. Looking for in-person, remote, or hybrid full-time or part-time roles.
Candidate #8-4: Sara
- May 2022 graduate from New York University Abu Dhabi.
- B.A. in Film and New Media & Psychology.
- Recent Film Programming and Distribution Assistant for Golden Media Group.
- Fluent in English and Spanish; Skilled in Python 3.7, Davinci Resolve, Social Media Marketing, and Data Analytics.
- Based in Los Angeles, CA - open to relocating to NYC. Looking for in-person, remote, or hybrid full-time or part-time roles.
New York Based
Candidate #8-5: Joy
- Master of Art in Cinema Studies from New York University. Graduated May 2023.
- B.A. in Network and New Media from Communication University of China.
- Multimedia Content Creator with experience in filmmaking, editing, and creative writing.
- Previous experience as a Film Producer, Graduate Assistant, Social Media Intern, and Director Assistant.
- Based in New York, NY - open to relocating to New Jersey. Looking for in-person, remote, or hybrid full-time, part-time work and internships.
Candidate #8-6: Isabella
- May 2023 graduate from Columbia College Chicago.
- B.F.A. in Motion Pictures.
- An adaptable, reliable, and skilled editor.
- Tech Savvy - versed in transcoding videos, digitizing raw video and encoding files.
- Based in Brooklyn, NY. Interested in full-time roles; in-person, remote, or hybrid.
Candidate #8-7: Tristan
- Fall 2022 graduate from New York University.
- B.F.A in Film and Television Production; Minor in Business of Entertainment, Media, and Technology.
- Previous production experience including Assistant Editor, Grip/Camera PA, and Production Assistant.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Davinci Resolve.
- Based in New York, NY - willing to relocate to Los Angeles. Interested in full-time, part-time, and internship positions; in-person, remote, or hybrid.
Open to Relocate
Candidate #8-8: James
- May 2023 graduate from Duke University.
- B.A. in International Comparative Studies & Feminist Studies; Minor in African & African American Studies.
- Communications Manager of the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity (Kappa Omicron Chapter).
- Founded an Afro Collective, Co-Founded a social media app, and co-designed a Swahili course at Duke.
- Based in Durham, NC - open to relocating to NYC, California, Washington D.C, & Florida. Looking for in-person, remote, or hybrid full-time roles.
Candidate #8-9: Trevonae
- 2023 graduate from Howard University.
- B.A. in Media, Journalism, and Film Communications; Minor in Playwriting.
- Previous Howard Entertainment Fellow with Amazon Studios.
- Certifications in Digital Marketing (Google Digital Garage) and Advertising & Media (The Boyd Initiative).
- Experience with journalism, TV and Film, creative development, and brand strategy.
- Based in Washington, D.C. - open to relocating to Los Angeles or New York. Looking for in-person, remote, or hybrid full-time roles.
Candidate #8-10: Osa
- May 2022 graduate from Columbia College Chicago.
- B.A. in Radio with a focus in Narrative.
- Previous Production Runner at Live Nation with experience in tech assistance, stage design, and promotion.
- Has a cultural sensitivity and the ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings.
- Based in Chicago, IL - open to relocating to NYC. Looking for in-person, remote, or hybrid full-time, part-time work and internships.