The MediaVillage Education Foundation coordinates with college career centers and organizations to attract diverse talent to our community. Each week in this space we are highlighting profiles of candidates who have submitted resumes at our AdvancingDiversity.org Resume Portal, where anyone looking to join the media and advertising business is encouraged to submit their CV and be connected to hiring teams. Below are ten promising candidates from across the country who are looking for full-time or part-time opportunities and are willing to relocate. Watch for this weekly Resumes for Review e-mail.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected with candidates. Designate the Candidate Number(s) you are interested in (i.e. candidates 6-3, 6-5 and 6-8). Resumes are listed with permission.
Looking for a job (or a job change) in the media or advertising business? Visit the MediaVillage Resume Portal.
Week 6 Candidates: Based in the Northeast, Midwest and West
Candidate #6-1: Peiyue
- Master of Arts in Communication, Public and Media Relations from Johns Hopkins University.
- A Multimedia Designer and Visual Communication Specialist.
- Previous roles in graphic design and social media strategy for cosmetic brands Deciem and Huxley Korea.
- Fluent in Mandarin (verbal and written) and Korean (verbal).
- Based in Arlington County - willing to relocate within Virginia. Interested in full-time, part-time, and internship positions; remote or hybrid.
Candidate #6-2: Andy
- May 2023 graduate from University of Pennsylvania.
- B.A. in Communications and Sociology; Minor in Consumer Psychology.
- Data Science experience - Proficient in R, familiar with and learning more Python and SQL.
- Experience as a Head Research Assistant, Public Relations and Marketing Fellow, and Digital Creative Marketing Intern.
- Based in Philadelphia, PA - willing to relocate to NYC and open to other locations. Looking for full-time remote, in-person, or hybrid roles.
Candidate #6-3: Noah
- June 2023 graduate from Drexel University.
- B.S. in Communications; Concentration in Public Relations.
- Previous Marketing Coordinator for Kredit Financial and Ascensus.
- Experience with copywriting and traditional marketing and PR; passionate in filmography.
- Based in Philadelphia, PA - open to relocating. Looking for in-person or hybrid full-time roles.
Candidate #6-4: Christina
- May 2023 graduate from New York University.
- B.A. in Cinema Studies; Minor in Film Production.
- Recent Publicity Assistant Intern for Taka PR.
- Experience curating films, pitching to clients and press, and camera operation.
- Based in New York, NY - willing to relocate. Interested in full-time, part-time, and internship positions; in-person, remote, or hybrid.
Candidate #6-5: Yue
- May 2023 graduate from New York University.
- B.F.A. in Film and Television; Minor in Business of Entertainment, Media, and Technology.
- Recent Research and Development Intern for Epoch Films.
- Experience writing, directing, and producing documentary film, short film, and music videos.
- Based in New York, NY. Interested in full-time, part-time, and internship positions; in-person (starting September), remote, or hybrid.
Candidate #6-6: Kayara
- May 2023 graduate from Smith College.
- Majored in Sociology and Film & Media Studies.
- Experience in video editing, copywriting, content writing, and blogging.
- Created a podcast special focusing on the Black student experience.
- Based in Amherst, Massachusetts - willing to relocate to NYC, San Antonio, Texas, Lewiston, or Maine. Looking for remote or hybrid full-time roles.
Candidate #6-7: Alondra
- May 2023 graduate from Carroll University.
- B.S. in Graphic Communications.
- Passionate about working on print and branding.
- Experience as a Graphic Design Intern with the non-profit HEAR WI and Carroll University.
- Based in Milwaukee, WI. Interested in full-time and internship positions; in-person, remote, or hybrid.
Candidate #6-8: Aneesa
- May 2023 graduate from Chapman University.
- B.F.A. in Creative Producing.
- Previous internships with Storied Media Group and American Forces Network.
- Various production experience as Art Director, Production Manager, 2nd AD, and Producer.
- Based in Los Angeles, CA. Interested in remote, in-person, and hybrid full-time roles.
Candidate #6-9: Krissah
- May 2023 graduate from Pomona College.
- B.A. in Media Studies with a concentration in Film/Video; Minor in Africana Studies.
- Current Creative Director, Head Writer, and Editor for two magazines.
- Experience in digital photography, videography, content coordination, and media analysis.
- Based in the UK and California. Interested in remote or hybrid full-time roles and internships.
Candidate #6-10: Aley
- May 2022 graduate from Scripps College.
- Honors in Media Studies with an emphasis in Digital Production.
- Two years of experience as a Digital Production Coordinator and Gallery Manager for a Nonprofit art gallery.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Based in Portland, OR - willing to relocate to Los Angeles, CA. Interested in full-time roles; in-person, remote, or hybrid.