The MediaVillage Education Foundation coordinates with college career centers and organizations to attract diverse talent to our community. Each week in this space we are highlighting profiles of candidates who have submitted resumes at our AdvancingDiversity.org Resume Portal, where anyone looking to join the media and advertising business is encouraged to submit their CV and be connected to hiring teams. Below are twelve promising candidates from across the country who are looking for full-time or part-time opportunities and are willing to relocate. Watch for this weekly Resumes for Review e-mail.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected with candidates. Designate the Candidate Number(s) you are interested in (i.e. candidates 7-3, 7-5 and 7-8). Resumes are listed with permission.
Looking for a job (or a job change) in the media or advertising business? Visit the MediaVillage Resume Portal.
Week 7 Candidates: Graduate Students and Recent Graduates
Candidate #7-1: Hao
- Master of Art in Film and Media from Johns Hopkins University. Graduated 2022.
- Bachelor of Management in Business Administration & Finance.
- A filmmaker with extensive experience in screenwriting, directing, producing (Awarded best producer twice), sound editing and designing. Specializes in on set sound recording.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin.
- Based in Baltimore -- willing to relocate. Interested in full-time and part-time positions; in-person, remote, or hybrid.
Candidate #7-2: Mark
- Master of Fine Arts in Writing and Producing TV from Long Island University - Brooklyn.
- B.A. in Psychology from Johns Hopkins University; Minors in Writing Seminars and Theatre Arts & Studies.
- Film and TV Industry Essentials Certification from NYU Tisch.
- A Film and TV Entertainment Journalist and previous Distribution and Acquisitions Coordinator.
- Based in New York, NY -- willing to relocate anywhere. Interested in full-time, part-time, and internship positions; in-person, remote, or hybrid.
Candidate #7-3: Crystal
- Masters in Sociology from Columbia University. Graduated 2020.
- B.S. in Mass Communications, Journalism, & Business from St. John’s University.
- Experience working as a Content Manager and in Publicity as an Administrative Assistant.
- Skilled in Brand and Content Strategy, Qualitative Research and Analysis, Marketing, and Public Relations.
- Looking for Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Remote Work.
Candidate #7-4: Kenzi
- Master of Mass Communications, from the University of South Carolina. Graduated 2023.
- B.A. in Mass Communications from Claflin University.
- Skills in Content Creation, Social Media Management, and Journalism.
- Passionate for digital media and film, looking for a dynamic and innovative organization.
- Based in South Carolina and is seeking a Full-Time position.
Candidate #7-6: Vidur
- 2023 graduate from New York University.
- B.S. in Integrated Design and Media; Minor in Business of Entertainment, Media, and Technology.
- Recent Commercial Partnerships Intern with Sony Music Entertainment.
- Skilled in Video Production and Editing (long and short form), Graphic Design, and Motion Graphics.
- Based in New York, NY. Interested in hybrid or in-person full-time roles.
Candidate #7-7: Sophia
- Recent honors graduate from Hofstra University.
- B.F.A. in Filmmaking & B.A. in History.
- Interested in directing and post-production.
- Experience as a Director, Assistant Director, and Director of Photography on various short films.
- Based in Plainview, NY/New York, NY - willing to relocate to Los Angeles. Interested in full-time, part-time, and internship positions; in-person or hybrid.
Candidate #7-8: Chiffon
- May 2023 graduate from University of Illinois at Urbana.
- B.S. in Journalism; Minor in Communications.
- A Multimedia Journalist with experience in pitching stories, collaborating with producers, and establishing professional relationships.
- Recent News Intern and Content Contributor familiar with handling breaking news.
- Based in Champaign, Illinois -- could relocate to Texas, California, New York, Florida, Nevada. Interested in an in-person, remote, or hybrid internship or full-time role.
Candidate #7-9: Amber
- 2023 graduate from Georgia State University.
- B.A. in Film & Media.
- Earned a Film & Television Post-Production Certification from Georgia Film Academy.
- Avid certified: Media Composer with various editor credentials for features and short films.
- Based in Georgia. Interested in full-time and part-time positions; in-person, remote, or hybrid.
Candidate #7-10: Caitlin
- May 2023 graduate from Georgia State University.
- B.A. in Multimedia Journalism.
- Experience as a Digital Editor, Archiver, and Administrative Assistant.
- Interests in digital and traditional media; skilled in Wordpress, Digital Editing, Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Based in East Point, Georgia -- willing to relocate to NYC. Interested in full-time and part-time roles; in-person, remote, or hybrid.
Candidate #7-11: Santi
- May 2023 graduate from Smith College.
- B.A. in Film and Media Studies; Minor in Gender Studies.
- Over 2 years of experience as a Visual Media Specialist with certifications in Graphic Design.
- Previous experience as a Community and Marketing Engagement Intern.
- Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Interested in full-time in-person, remote or hybrid roles.
Candidate #7-12: David
- May 2022 graduate from Claremont McKenna College.
- B.A. in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics; B.A. in Literature.
- Awarded "Best Senior Thesis in Literature."
- Recent experience as a Junior Business Analyst and Head Consultant.
- Previously held Media & Marketing and Communications internships.
- Based in Rancho Cucamonga, CA -- willing to relocate anywhere in Southern California. Interested in full-time, part-time, and internship positions; in-person or hybrid.