It's that time again: The New Year has arrived and everyone's excited to start 2013 on the right foot. We're ready to tackle the biggest projects, climb the tallest mountains, and make the biggest deals. Now all we need are the right tools to help us get the job done.
To make this task easier on you, we've compiled a list of ten innovative apps that are bound to be big hits in 2013.
1. Sign In Blue: This year, did you make a resolution to manage your time more wisely? Then you'll want to check out Sign In Blue, which allows users to electronically transmit signatures. No more waiting for overnight deliveries or incoming faxes; now, your contracts can be sent and received instantaneously. Imagine all the time you could save!
2. Kashoo: Since it's a new year, why not get rid of that old bulky accounting software package and try something new? Kashoo is an accounting app designed for anyone to use. You no longer have to be an accountant to decipher your books. Let Kashoo make the work easy for you!
3. eSlip: Did your invoices pile up in 2012? Try eSlip, an invoicing app that manages and organizes your invoices. You can create product lists, send out invoices, and even keep track of your payments from any of your devices. Keep it simple and let eSlip help you organize 2013.
4. MindMeister: Maybe you want 2013 to be your year of big ideas. Forget old school brainstorming sessions. Mind Meister, with its unique "mind-mapping" technology, is a new way of brainstorming. With MindMeister, your team submits and combines ideas online from anywhere, at any time. Best of all, you can do use MindMeister on any device you prefer. Plan a session with your team and swap notes across devices, then watch your ideas grow.
5. CanGrade: It's a new year, and you may need to need to hire new employees. Simplify the traditional hiring process with an app that helps you screen the applicants and select the right person to join your business. CanGrade creates customized reports and evaluations that you can use when looking over potential candidates. The app even grades your applicants, making your choice that much easier!
6. Memonic: Each New Year, many resolve to become more organized. This year, keep that resolution with Memonic. Memonic is a web-clipping app that lets you clip web pages like you're clipping the pages of a newspaper, and then organizes all of your web clippings into one easy-to-access location. Save a page and read it later, or save a snippet of an article about your industry. Stay organized the whole year with Memonic.
7. ShiftPlanning: The busiest part of the retail season might be over, but that doesn't mean you have to shut down! If you're sick of losing time when making schedules, give ShiftPlanning a try. Create, edit, and manage timesheets, payroll, and schedules online. You can even send notifications for missed shifts or last minute changes while eliminating scheduling conflicts easily and quickly.
8. SandGlaz: Your task list might look empty right now, but it will quickly fill up again! You need an app that's designed to track all of your tasks and manage your to-do list, while giving you a priority-based system for getting things done. SandGlaz offers all that and more, with a unique grid system that lets you view your tasks and keep them organized by project and priority.
9. Cake HR: Is it time for new HR software that efficiently manages your employees' information? Check out CakeHR, a simple app designed to manage PTO, vacation time, sick days, and more. CakeHR makes managing employees and PTO a piece of cake!
10. Google Apps for Small Business: This list wouldn't be complete without mentioning Google Apps for Business. This app suite has it all: Google Drive for your file sharing and word processing needs; Google Calendar to keep track of all of your contacts, events, and appointments; Google Sites to give your business a website hub; and GMail, an email client that improves your communication within and outside your business.
2013 is shaping up to becoming the year of the app. With the rise of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and cloud computing, you're definitely going to want to add a few apps to your arsenal this year. Get a jump on your competition with these apps and make 2013 your company's best year.
Jennifer Hutchison is a tech blogger currently based in Los Angeles. She has covered a wide range of topics including beauty products, travel, books, technology, and small businesses. Jennifer is a graduate of CSUN, where she majored in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. She is the Online Marketing Specialist for InfoStreet, makers of SkyDesktop, a free Cloud-based desktop.
InfoStreet is a Cloud app provider that offers SkyDesktop, a free patent-pending Cloud Desktop; SkyAppMarket, an app marketplace where a business can choose from the best Cloud apps in the market; and SkySingleSignOn, a federated login solution and network management tool. Together they provide all the files and applications a company needs to run their business in the Cloud.
Try SkyDesktop and SkyAppMarket by visiting https://www.skydesktop.com or by calling 1-866-956-5051 for more information.