The answer to Thursday's Mother's Day Trivia Question: Elyse Keaton was Alex, Mallory, Jennifer and Andy's Mom on FAMILY TIES
FIRST FIVES: James Gabriele, Elke Raskob, Bobby Aguilera, Andrea Walters & Karen Hadley
Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 4.4/16.1
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 4.3/10.3
CRIMINAL MINDS-CBS 2.8/11.5
SURVIVOR (CFF)-CBS 2.7/9.7
Wednesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 264,802
REVENGE (CFF)-ABC 108,936
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 75,381
CRIMINAL MINDS-CBS 48,007
SURVIVOR (CFF)-CBS 47,697
Wednesday's Cable Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 2.0/4.0
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 1.9/4.1
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS .9/1.9
DUCK DYNASTY- A&E .9/1.8
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim .8/2.0
Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 587,543
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 215,875
STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS-NBC Sports 78,063
AMERICA'S BEST DANCE CREW-MTV 68,770
SOUTH PARK-Comedy Central 41,689
-I need to set the stage, for what happened on Thursday night...my son had a Little League game at 7:15pm. We got home from work, watched LIVE WITH KELLY, & Howard Stern on THE TODAY SHOW and on THE VIEW and then headed over to the game. We didn't get home until 10pm after Dylan Carruba hit the game winning walk-off single for a final score of 14-13. So much drama, coaches fighting, profanity being used, insanity...really...and even with all of that, I somehow managed to watch THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, REVENGE and 30 ROCK...so, let's recap, shall we?
-Kelly's skirt on LIVE WITH KELLY looked like something Ma Ingalls saved up all year to buy at the Olsen's Mercantile and wear on Easter Sunday. Nick Lachey was back and was very cute and very comfortable, but I really wasn't interested in his wife's pregnancy and definitely don't want to hear about it for the months to come. I know middle America probably loved Kelly's skirt and probably loves hearing about babies and spit up, but it's just not my thing. Put Kelly in a cute pair of Seven's and let's hear about Nick's days with Jessica or partying with 98 Degrees...that' what I'm talking about.
-At this point I've seen Howard on JIMMY FALLON, THE TODAY SHOW and THE VIEW. We already talked about Fallon, so let's go right to THE TODAY SHOW, where Matt Lauer tried to control Howard, but if you've ever seen Howard interviewed, you know it's not an easy thing to do. Howard and Matt are personal friends who hang out in the Hamptons together, so it was an interesting dynamic that ended with Howard sitting in Matt's lap and smothering him with kisses. Cute, but nothing compared to his appearance on THE VIEW. When Howard walked out and the camera panned the audience, you could see the look of disgust on many women's faces, but by the end of all 3 segments, they all were loving him. Howard was hilarious, charming, and again affectionate with Barbara, Elizabeth and even commiserated with Sheri Shephard and how he could see how she thought the Earth was flat...brilliant appearance, just brilliant...I know I've said it before, but for any of you who aren't Howard Stern fans...you will be after AMERICA'S GOT TALENT...I can't wait for Monday night!
-In a complete filler/backstory episode of REVENGE, we really didn't learn very much at all, just that Jack had long 70's hair that lasted way into the 80's. The episode reminded me of a SURVIVOR finale episode when the final 3 remember all of their former tribemates that had been voted out in past episodes. All of E/A's "victims" came back from the dead so that we could all meet them back on New Year's Eve 1992...not the greatest ep ever, but the scenes for the finale look awesome.
-Speaking of awesome finales...THE VAMPIRE DIARIES was epic. So much happened, and I think I got it all, but I may have to watch again. Here is what I THINK happened: BIGTIME SPOILER ALERT:
- When we last left Elena she had passed out while painting...blood coming out of her nose
- When we find Elena in this ep, she is blood free, in the hospital and dreaming about cheerleading and breaking up with Matt...ahhhh the good old days
- Elena needs to get out of the hospital...she's in danger so the gang breaks her out
- Elijah came back wanting to take Klaus's body and Rebecca and leave town...he promised (of course I didn't believe him, but idiotic Elena did)
- If Klaus dies, we believe that Stefan and Damon do too, but we KNOW that Tyler will definitely die
- Alaric also wants Klaus, but he wants to kill him...but killing Klaus, means Elena will die
- Matt & Jeremy think that they should grab Elena and all leave town (that would basically mean the end of the show, so while it's a great idea...nobody leaves Storybrooke...oops no that's another show...nobody leaves Mystic Falls)
- Matt drugs/kidnaps Elena to take her away from the insanity that has become her life...when she comes to, she makes her decision on which Salvatore bro she is going to stay with...drum roll please...Stefan (bummer for me and bummer for Damon)
- Alaric stakes Klaus, Taylor dies, Stefan and Damon don't
- Here's where it gets murky for me...did Damon meet Elena before Stefan and compel her?
- Did Stefan save Elena when her parents drove off the bridge?
- Did Stefan try to save Elena and Matt when the drove off the bridge again? (What are the chances you would drive off the same bridge twice in your life?)
- Would I believe that Stefan would save Matt before Elena?
- Is Klaus really dead? What was the spell that Bonnie performed?
- Is Ric dead? I think so
- OOOOOO MMMMMM GGGGGG ELENA IS NOW A BLOOD SUCKING VAMPIRE...so NOW who will she choose?
Great season finale episode!
-I have a feeling that Conan will be a new love interest next season on THE VAMPIRE DIARIES after Nina Dobrev (Elena) made this appearance on his show...check it out! http://teamcoco.com/video/nina-dobrev-yoga
-I didn't love 30 ROCK last night. Avery's back, Jack came clean about kissing her Mom, she forgave him. Liz and Chriss had money issues and Jenna needed a sponsor for her wedding...Maybe I was just tired from the drama filled Little League game...they can't all be home runs.
-COUGARTOWN...good news...it's been renewed for a 4th season and it's new home will be over on TBS along with Conan and 4 million episodes of THE BIG BANG THEORY.
-I will be watching the AMERICAN IDOL finale next week when SPOILER ALERT: The final 3 will perform...as of last night's elimination, the final 3 are: Jessica Sanchez, Phillip Phillips and Joshua Ledet. What kind of parents name their kid Phillip Phillips?
-Lots of ABC shows renewed: ONCE UPON A TIME, SHARK TANK, DANCING WITH THE STARS, THE BACHELOR, MODERN FAMILY, REVENGE, SUBURGATORY, THE MIDDLE, GREY'S ANATOMY and CASTLE
-FOX cancelled: ALCATRAZ, THE FINDER, BREAKING IN, and I HATE MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER
-NBC renewed: COMMUNITY (surprising) 30 ROCK (final season), and PARENTHOOD (YEAHHHHH). The Brian Williams show was pulled and will be replaced by SVU reruns for now
-MTV announced that Russell Brand will be hosting the MTV MOVIE AWARDS on June 3rd...guess Katy Perry won't be there.
-CBS cancelled A GIFTED MAN (no surprise)
- 625,000 users to date
- 375,000 prizes redeemed
- Viggle generated more than 40% of the social activity around the top 3 shows in the "What's On" section of the app
- The average Viggle session lasts 93 minutes
-He Who Shall Not Be Named saw the E! spoof of "Call Me Maybe" that I posted yesterday and sent me this link...it's really good! Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWVwgDnuzE
-Some weekend programming notes:
TANKED airs on Animal Planet Saturday night at 9pm,
SISTER WIVES season premiere airs on Sunday at 9pm,
SURVIVOR and ONCE UPON A TIME season finales air Sunday at 8pm
DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES series finale airs Sunday at 9pm
WWTM WEEKEND MOVIE SUGGESTION: SWINGERS put Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn on the map and brought us the terms "baby" and "money"...great flick
Friday's Mother's Day Trivia Question: Who was Mark, Brad and Randy's Mom?
Check the blog over the weekend for more Mom Trivia and maybe if I can get it done, my Kelly Ripa "Special Report".
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.