The answer to Thursday's Trivia Question: Scranton, PA is where The Office of Dunder Mifflin is located.
FIRST FIVES: Ed Ziskind, Lance Beitler, Candace Gorin, Bobby Aguilera & Gerald Piscopo
Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
NFL Football-FOX 9.7/23.8
NFL Kickoff 2012-3.9/10.6
Big Brother-CBS 2.1/6.0
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 1.5/4.2
Modern Family-ABC 1.3/3.7
Wednesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 63,148
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 61,066
Democratic National Convention-ABC 13,163
Criminal Minds-CBS 10,876
Wednesday's Cable Top 5
America's Choice-CNN 1.1/4.1
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.5
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo-TLC 1.1/2.3
Royal Pains-USA 1.0/3.5
Democratic National Convention-MSNBC .9/4.3
Wednesday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo-TLC 117,566
Ghost Hunters-Syfy 51,186
Democratic National Convention-CNN 47,104
Royal Pains-USA 36,181
Democratic National Convention-MSNBC 31,379 As you can see from the ratings above, America was ready for some Football! 23.8 million viewers. It still makes me NUTS that 2.3 million people were watching Honey Boo Boo. NUTS!
VMA Night is usually very exciting...it's true, you never know what to expect. This year, nothing BIG actually happened. The show was sort of boring. Here are my comments from last night:
- Pre Show...I don't think The Wanted is that cute at all
- Demi Lovato was pretty good...for a lip syncher
- I've heard of Wiz Khalifa, but no idea at all who his fiancé/baby Mama, Amber Rose is. She was obviously pregnant, but seemed to need to make a big announcement to let us know that yes...she is pregnant. We were right! Thanks for the affirmation.
- Miley Cyrus stole P!nk's look and didn't do it justice...she looked too strange. She obviously isn't "it" anymore since the director cut quickly away from her interview to get Taylor Swift arriving on the red carpet...see Miley, even your goofy look couldn't keep the cameras on you. Time for the Show
- Rhianna opened the show with a song that required the dude on the bleep button to go into a finger frenzy...Half of the song had to be bleeped, but a few MotherF'ers slipped through the cracks.
- Did you see when they cut to Nicki Minaj asking someone for gum...that was sort of funny. What's weird is, I always think that Nicki Minaj is sort of smelly and would have some severe halitosis. So I bet she is in need of gum pretty badly.
- I loved the little people security guards.
- Kevin Hart's opening was okay...who is he again?
- Little Wayne was sitting next to Nicki Minaj, he couldn't take off his Beats headphones during the VMA's? Huh? He was sitting there during the monologue listening to music in his headphones when he could have been listening to music at the show.
- Katy Perry's dress was ruined by a big stupid bow. Most bows are stupid
- One Direction won Best Pop Video...I love them and I love love that they beat out Justin Bieber. Every single guy in One Direction is toooooo cute. I love them. Yes, I am old enough to have given birth to all of them, but I don't care... I love a good boy band!
- Dwight Howard looked like a giant next to Kevin Hart...that was funny
- P!nk rules I love her. I loved the confetti lip cannons.
- Best Male Video winner-Chris Brown...yucky
- I didn't like Frank Ocean's performance. I think he's more famous for coming out than he is for whatever else he does...sing, dance, whatever
- Rashida Jones looked like she was trying to look bad
- Best Hip Hop Video-Drake/Lil Wayne. Even when Lil Wayne went up to accept his award, he needed those headphones on? This didn't help parents of the world who keep saying..."take those things off at the table".
- Drake is Jewish? Who knew?
- One D rules
- Rebel Wilson basically proved that she was all that and a bag of chips.
- Nicki Minaj's friend had these crazy yellow sneakers...where do you get those?
- No idea who 2 chainz is but he seemed to be wearing way more than 2 chains and most of his song had to be bleeped. Lil Wayne finally took his Beats Headphones and his sunglasses off, along with his shirt and socks...I just don't understand how it's comfortable to sport the -my pants are falling off look-unless of course you want your pants to fall off?
- Green Day...finally...now they...ROCK. Billie Joe Armstrong was really sick with a parasite recently, but said during the pre-show that he is starting to feel better. Hard to tell with all of his makeup if he looked okay, but he definitely sounded good.
- Twilight clip...sort of looks similar to all of the others, but I still can't wait till November 16th!
- Note to Wiz Khalifia...Capri pants, aka floods, on a guy...don't work
- Best New Artist-One Direction...yeah!!!
- Fierce Five Olympians introduced Alicia Keys and then Alicia introduced Nicki Minaj. Nicki is everywhere isn't she? Then Gabby Douglas did her thing during the song. I guess that was cool??? I didn't really like the song.
- Video of the Year...Rhianna...where can I see these videos? YouTube? Maybe the show should be called the YouTube Video Music Awards??? MTV doesn't play videos anymore do they?
- Taylor Swift closed the show with her new song...she is NEVER, EVER, EVER getting back together with whoever...until the next song on the album.
- Basically...the VMA's were Bieber free...I didn't miss him...it's all about One D now for me.
The producers of America's Got Talent, must have asked Howard Stern to call his friends for this show. First Dee Snider from Twisted Sister sang with one of the bands and then Pat Monahan and the guys from Train performed "Drive By". In between an illusionist from one of the other seasons performed. He went into a large microwave as a white guy and came out a black guy...it was a pretty cool trick. Light Wire Theatre, David Garibaldi...the Paint Guy, Olate Dogs and The Untouchables all made the final four for this round. Sorry...more bullets needed for Big Brother (I really do like the bullet format):
- Did you see all that pimple cream on Danielle's face? Shane must be a super nice guy to snuggle up with Danielle looking like that!
- Joe's such an idiot, whispering right to Dan's face, thinking he was Shane what Dan just said to him...classic Joe
- Every week I think Shane looks more and more like Tom Cruise.
- Buh Bye Frank...you must feel like a big idiot!
- DOUBLE EVICTION night!!!!
- Dan wins HOH...he puts up...Joe and Ian...Ian...interesting choice. Ian won the POV, pretty sure that was the first time.
- Classic Julie Chen line when Dan wouldn't get to the living room fast enough..."Don't Make Me Come In There"
- Ian takes himself off the block and Dan replaces him with Danielle...The look on her face was insane, but again, we knew she wouldn't go home.
- Buh Bye Joe...My ears will get a reprieve now that we won't have to hear your yelling.
Last night's edition of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee was sort of weak. Only cool part was the Bendix Diner which is near my house. http://www.crackle.com/c/Comedians_In_Cars_Getting_Coffee
Bummed to hear about Amy Poehler and Will Arnett. Sucks that they are both doing really well professionally but now not so great personally.
Friday's Trivia Question: Tough one...let's see who knows this one...Where did Roseanne live and work?
Send your Trivia Answer to Kristy at Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Kristy Carruba is currently Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Consumer Products where she oversees the investment and inventory management for all National media. Kristy has always had a passion for TV and started writing “TV News of the Day” in January of 2011 which evolved into Watching Way Too Much six months later. Kristy can be reached Kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com.
Read all Kristy's MediaBizBloggers commentaries at Watching Way Too Much.
Check us out on Facebook at MediaBizBloggers.com
Follow our Twitter updates @MediaBizBlogger
The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.