The annual MyersBizNet Survey of Advertiser and Agency Executives on Perceptions of 36 digital media sales organizations uncovers several surprisingly strong performances by companies not typically identified among the industry leaders.
The full report is available to MyersBizNet member companies; insights from the report are available at MediaVillage/TomorrowToday
QUALITY SALES ORGANIZATION AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- TubeMogul and BrightRoll tie as the leaders for "quality sales organization and customer service," as rated by digital-only media planners and buyers.
- Yume ranks first in the category among respondents in the first several years of their careers, but declines to 20th rank among those in the business 8+ years.
QUALITY OF CONTENT JUSTIFIES PREMIUM PRICING
- Hulu ranks first among all respondents for delivering quality content that agency and advertiser executives believe justifies premium pricing.
- Buzz Media ranks second among total respondents in the category.
- Vevo ranks third among respondents with Digital-only Planning and Buying Responsibilities.
PROVIDES INNOVATIVE AND CREATIVE OPPORTUNITIES
- Defy Media ranks first among all respondent groups except those in the business 1-7 years, who rank Defy 15th and rank Pinterest first and Undertone Networks second in the category.
- TubeMogul again outperforms the industry, ranking second for innovative and creative opportunities among Digital-only Media Planners and Buyers.
ASSURES ADVERTISERS A SAFE AND LOW FRAUD ENVIRONMENT
- Hulu again ranks first in the industry among total respondents with 89% of digital-only media planners and buyers rating Hulu 4/5 on a five point scale (top two box).
- Amazon.com ranks second among TV + Digital Media Planners and Buyers but declines to 19th rank among Digital-only Planners and Buyers.
- BrightRoll ranks fourth among advertiser (client) executives, behind Facebook, Hulu, and Conde Nast Entertainment
PROVIDES ADVANCED RESEARCH AND MARKET INSIGHTS
- Yume ranks fourth among total respondents, behind Google/YouTube, Facebook and AOL.
- Amazon.com ranks fifth among total respondents, followed by Twitter, Yahoo!, BrightRoll, TubeMogul and Specific Media.
SUPPORTS PROGRAMMATIC & AUTOMATED INVESTMENTS
- TubeMogul leads the industry across all respondent groups, with 78% of respondents rating the organization 4/5 on a five point scale.
- BrightRoll ranks third (following Google/YouTube in second place), ahead of fourth ranked AOL.
- Videology ranks fifth, and is second ranked among TV + Digital Media Planners and Buyers.
While Google/YouTube, Facebook, AOL and Twitter lead the industry, they are being challenged by TubeMogul, Hulu, Amazon.com, Buzz Media, BrightRoll and others.