On January 10, I’m proud to be hosting the first Advancing Diversity Honors event, being held during CES at Caesars Palace from 4 to 8 p.m. I hope you will join me. Inductees into the inaugural Diversity Hall of Honors include:
- Unilever, for its history of commitment to diversity in brand management and marketing
- Advertising Council and Lisa Sherman for the Love has No Labels Campaign
- Interpublic Group, Michael Roth and Heide Gardner for industry leadership in advancing diversity
- EY’s Neuro Diversity Program
- IAB, Randall Rothenberg and Tim Armstrong for the iDiverse Industry Initiative
- Nielsen for its industry-leading diversity development and retention program
- Kay Koplovitz and Springboard Growth Capital for her economic gender advancement success
- Crowdfunding Roadmap and Ruth Hedges’ for her gender advancement initiatives
I’ve launched MediaVillage (2008) to foster community within our industry, Women in Media Mentoring Initiative and WomenAdvancing (2011) to advance dual mentoring and to support women at all stages of their lives and career, 1stFive (2013) to advance and support our industry’s efforts to attract and retain young people with an emphasis on diversity, and the Future of Men Movement (2016) to advocate for rejecting the negative patriarchy and redefining masculinity. Throughout my career, I’ve been proud to advance diversity in my own hiring practices and have mentored women and culturally diverse colleagues, many of whom are now our industry’s leaders. My leadership as chairman of the IRTS Foundation board and as a foundation trustee for She Runs It is dedicated to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce.
Through the Advancing Diversity Honors, being presented during CES2018, our community has an opportunity to acknowledge those who are dedicated to advancing diversity; to demonstrate and promote media, marketing and advertising as a welcoming home for all young people beginning their careers; to send a clear message to the tech community of our industry’s commitment to diversity; to join in a relevant and meaningful networking event; and to raise funds for our industry’s organizations that support and advance diversity in many forms. I hope you’ll join us at the inaugural Hall of Diversity Induction event and as a partner for Advancing Diversity. Visit www.CES18.com for more information and to register.