Very smart brands know they need to be in the online video space but all, ALL of their initiatives failed to garner a consistently significant viewership. But Webstars like Jenna Marbles, TheHIll88, Nalts, Whatthebuck, Sxephil, Tobuscus, Community Channel, Mr Safety, Katers17, Shaycarl and a select group of other elite online performers are able to pull MILLIONs of viewers to each of their videos.
As a result of our profound relationships (both social and business) with the stars, HITVIEWS is able to place brand products inside webstar videos. Product placement in User Generated Content; content native to the Internet and only the Internet. Our work has been vetted and we are an approved vendor for the CBS Television Network (great innovators), Pepsi, US Government, TiVo, READERS DIGEST, FOX Television Network, Microsoft, Logitech, Weinstein Company films, and many other major brands. These leading companies use HITVIEWS to place their products in the online video show. Not pre-rolls, banners, pop-ups; the product becomes part of the show. Over 40,000,000 have watched videos we've the stars produced.
Most online videos posted have fewer than 300 lifetime views, regardless of the website. Webstars AVERAGE over 1,000,000 per video. Here are 5 things they know that your ad agency or digital department probably does not:
1. Bad video equipment is usually best. Often the grainier, lousier the quality, the better the view count. Grainy video and bad sound gives the video a voyeuristic, pioneering effect that adds credibility and authenticity to the viewer experience.
2. It's not TV, it's a laptop and a laptop has a keyboard and mouse. We share with our clients the secrets of exactly to how use interactivity to drive viewership and engagement. Bottom line: If a video does not ask for viewer interaction it becomes BORING when viewed on the interactive machine called a computer.
Shoot your online video about 14 inches from your face. You are watched in your viewer's lap. TV shoots much further away and when TV video appears on a laptop, the face becomes too small and emotional engagement drops.
3. 80% of all videos are watched within the first 72 hours of posting. Therefore it is a calendar-contained media event just like a TV show. Yes, online video could be used to promote weekend sales with little waste coverage.
4. Self-cast stars. Webstars are like radio stars. They found their medium, they run their own equipment and they are thrilled to have income. Their audience appreciates brands that support their favorite webstars. There is no such thing as "sell-out" in the online video world.
5. Late evening is the best time to post. The opening language in the video should instantly demand action and engagement. Gentle doesn't work.
Advertisers seek online video solutions. Make online video a robust part of your digital initiative. That scary kid who keeps telling you your website and videos suck is right. Show him who's boss, make him/her in charge of your digital platform today. A corporate centralized approach for digital media is a tactical error that will wastes money. Our company can work with the scary kid to give your stations the most profitable online videos in radio.The opinions and points of view expressed in this commentary are exclusively the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of MediaBizBloggers.com management or associated bloggers. MediaBizBloggers is an open thought leadership platform and readers may share their comments and opinions in response to all commentaries.