It is less than two weeks before Al Roker, inarguably the best-known weatherman in the country and the most famous that the television business has ever produced, is going to embark on the Today show’s third annual Rokerthon, in which he visits five college campuses around the country in five days with the goal of setting a new Guinness World Record at each one. Al has famously traveled the world over during his decades at Today, but it is the Rokerthons that embed him squarely in the worlds of Millennials and Generation Z. As it happens, he says, when it comes to the media, young people aren’t all that different from the rest of us.
This May Interest You
- Lunch at Michael’s with Paula Kerger, President and CEO of PBS
- Lunch at Michael’s with Ben Silverman of Propagate Content
- Lunch at Michael’s with Van Toffler of Gunpowder & Sky
- Lunch at Michael's with Courteney Monroe, National Geographic Global Networks CEO
- Pre-Upfront Must-See Videos with IPG Mediabrands’ Senior Management
- Pre-Upfront Must-See Videos with GroupM's Senior Management Team