A short while before his first appearance as President of CBS Entertainment at the network’s annual Upfront Week presentation on the Carnegie Hall stage, Kelly Kahl joined Jack Myers and me for our first-ever dinner at Michael’s restaurant in Santa Monica. Owner Michael McCarty wasn’t in town at the time – he was tending to business at his New York City locale – but he left us in the able hands of his young son Chas, who manages the mothership, and his West Coast staff. “I don’t think there is anyone working there over the age of 28,” McCarty had told us earlier, proudly assuring us that we would get the same quality care as we do in New York, the home of our usual Lunch at Michael’s™ interviews.
This May Interest You
- How They Fared: The MediaVillage 2018 Upfront/NewFront Rankings
- Ed Martin’s Annual Upfront Week Reviews
- Keri Russell On the "Surprising" End of FX’s “The Americans”
- Video: The Future of the Upfronts with Sandra Micek and Nick Dunham
- A Seat at the Table: Season 2 of Legends & Leaders Videos with Jack Myers
- Download Now: Trade Support Communications Spend Grows as Shopper Marketing Declines