WomenAdvancing is the media and advertising community’s largest all-female membership organization and provides daily commentaries, education, advice and support for the 65% of media community employees who are female, addressing diversity issues, and supporting women at all stages of their lives and careers. WomenAdvancing reaches and engages 7,500+ advertising industry members through their passion for advancing industry diversity, women’s income equality, women’s career and life issues.
Our Founding Principles
1. More than 60% of college graduates over the next decade will be female, increasing the importance and power of women in society, business, and culture. WomenAdvancing offers a welcoming environment for women joining the media, marketing, and entertainment community.
2. Dual mentoring is at WomenAdvancing’s core. We recognize that young women entering the workforce today are the first generation to have grown up with the Internet and social media, which means they have as much to teach as to learn.
3. WomenAdvancing recognizes diversity as a priority for the future health of society and supports the development of resources to advance diversity in media, marketing, and entertainment.
4. Women face unique work-life challenges, and WomenAdvancing offers a social environment to foster connections, communications, and mutual support.
5. WomenAdvancing is a voluntary organization open to all women in media, marketing, entertainment, and related fields without dues, fees, or membership requirements.