WomenAdvancing.org provides commentaries, education, advice and support for the 65% of media, advertising and marketing community employees who are female, supporting women through dual mentoring at all stages of their lives and careers. WomenAdvancing reaches and engages executives through their passion for advancing diversity, achieving women’s income equality, and enhancing women’s careers and lives.
Our Founding Principles
1. More than 60% of college graduates over the next decade will be female, increasing the importance and power of women in society, business, and culture. WomenAdvancing offers a welcoming environment for women joining the media, marketing, and entertainment community.
2. Dual mentoring is at WomenAdvancing’s core. We recognize that young women entering the workforce today are the first generation to have grown up with the Internet and social media, which means they have as much to teach as to learn.
3. WomenAdvancing recognizes diversity as a priority for the future health of society and supports the development of resources to advance diversity in media, marketing, and entertainment.
4. Women face unique work-life challenges, and WomenAdvancing offers a social environment to foster connections, communications, and mutual support.
5. WomenAdvancing is a voluntary organization open to all women in media, marketing, entertainment, and related fields without dues, fees, or membership requirements.